[haiku-development] Re: Radeon drivers feedback

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 09:18:33 -0400

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:57 AM, lodewijk andré de la porte
<lodewijkadlp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Now when some time has passed I decided to try again with the latest
>> nightly. And like always I get to the splash screen (with incorrect
>> resolution, I suppose this might be the problem). And after the splash
>> screen, the monitor flashed pretty

Just for reference, the fact that the boot splash isn't at the correct
resolution isn't really relevant ; no driver is in use at that point,
this simply implies that either a) the correct resolution wasn't
retrievable via EDID, or if it was, b) the card's VESA BIOS doesn't
actually support that resolution. Either way, it doesn't have any
bearing on the actual radeon driver later, unless the latter likewise
has issues acquiring correct EDID data.

Regards,

Rene