[haiku-development] Re: RFC: find_directory() API extension

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 18:24:42 +0100

On 2013-11-01 at 03:00:45 [+0100], Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> codePointer refers to an address in the caller's code, thus identifying
> the executable, library, or add-on for which the call is performed. If
> NULL is passed, the executable is implied. Based off its installation
> location baseDirectory is applied and subPath appended.

The Locale kit uses liblocalestub.a for similar purposes, avoiding
exposition of this implementation detail in the API. I'd do something
similar to keep the API simpler and clearer, possibly with a way to get
either the "main" (application) dirs or the ones for the caller add-on or
lib, but not more. Allowing to specify any symbol directly opens
cross-add-ons possibilities that may get out of control.

--
Adrien.