[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 -- possible? *blockers*

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:27:35 -0600

On 16.02.2012 12:44, Andrew Hudson wrote:
Are the APIs stable enough to consider a R1B1 release?

- Andrew

after R1 is released, it wilbe too late for bug fixes. You'll have to
live with the bugs while Haiku devs work on R2.
The solution is to put a long enough beta stage to spot most of the bugs
and find solutions to them.

There are a few issues I need to fix before another alpha or beta or whatever:

1) OpenGL rendering, the Mesa software renderer needs double buffering fixed.
2) OpenGL arch support.  There was a incorrect flag which means that OpenGL
   rendering requires a cpu slightly higher then Pentium. (Haiku targets
   Pentium as it's minimum CPU)   https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8318
3) Radeon HD fix. I need to slip in one more fix before Radeon HD is "ready" for wide testing. (it has to do with driver working on older laptops with LVDS.
   https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8329

These are pretty critical.  Any help with 1 or 3 would be appreciated.

#2 isn't super hard... but will require some time to complete (that I don't have at
the moment)

 -- Alex