[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 -- possible?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:08:45 +0100

On 16.02.2012 19:44, Andrew Hudson wrote:
Are the APIs stable enough to consider a R1B1 release?

Beta 1 means we're feature complete, not necessarily that the API remains stable. And feature complete we aren't yet AFAICT, so no beta for now.

Adrien wrote:
after R1 is released, it wilbe too late for bug fixes. You'll have to
live with the bugs while Haiku devs work on R2.
The solution is to put a long enough beta stage to spot most of the bugs
and find solutions to them.

Huh? There will definitely be bug fix and point releases after R1, leading the way to R2. It's impossible to fix all bugs of a software as complex as Haiku, unfortunately; not sure what you are aiming at here, maybe I just misunderstood.

Bye,
   Axel.