[haiku-development] Re: R1 Status Update Request

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:02:26 +0200 CEST

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:49:50 +0000, Salvatore Benedetto wrote
> > Has anyone been able to fully build haiku from haiku?
>
> I did so last night and I am doing it right now while I'm writing
> this. I've
> more or less switched fully to Haiku when on the go. I get internet
> through
> usb_ecm and my mobile phone (Firefox runs extremely well for me by
> now), get
> sound out of HDA through OSS and since the stability has become
> fairly good

Yeah it seems Stephan made something useable from the mess I wrote,
thanks :)

>  (I get KDL pretty rarely, most of the time with continuable errors),

Yeah I still need to update OSS itself.
they moved to mercurial for development, I have hg running under Zeta
(wasn't too hard, it's python mostly) and the sources checked out, just
need to apply the patch.

> I'm not
> really looking back at my BeOS R5 on this machine. Due to file
> caching
> actually not only caching as few as on R5 the performance of svn and
> jam is
> absolutely reasonable, better than on R5, but of course with the to
> be
> expected issues through the lack of an IO scheduler and proper pre-
> fetching.
> But in general Haiku has become everyday usable for me in the last
> few weeks.

I've yet to make the switch here but hopefully this summer...
I need to get XEmacs (I heard the BFS issue might have been fixed, will
see).

François.