[haiku-development] Re: R1 Status Update Request

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:21:32 +0200

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:49:50 +0000, Salvatore Benedetto wrote
> Has anyone been able to fully build haiku from haiku?

I did so last night and I am doing it right now while I'm writing this. I've
more or less switched fully to Haiku when on the go. I get internet through
usb_ecm and my mobile phone (Firefox runs extremely well for me by now), get
sound out of HDA through OSS and since the stability has become fairly good (I
get KDL pretty rarely, most of the time with continuable errors), I'm not
really looking back at my BeOS R5 on this machine. Due to file caching
actually not only caching as few as on R5 the performance of svn and jam is
absolutely reasonable, better than on R5, but of course with the to be
expected issues through the lack of an IO scheduler and proper pre-fetching.
But in general Haiku has become everyday usable for me in the last few weeks.

Regards
Michael