[haiku-development] Re: Programming with S&T

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 22:54:46 +0200

"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- The zoom button
> No, it's not. The purpose of this button is to be able to switch
> between
> two meaningful window sizes. What exactly this is, is completely up
> the application, and hence the different behaviour in different apps.
> The only app that actually makes it fit is Tracker IIRC.

Nevertheless, it'd be nice if this "best-fit" function would be
implemented where it's reasonable. Especially when there's a true full
screen function readily available (like the ALT+ENTER keycombo or
doubleclick).
Mail, BTW also aims for a best-fit for the zoom button.

> That being said, for things like ShowImage, I think that having the
> window fit the contents would be nice, too (to waste as little screen
> estate as possible when having several of them open). For
> MediaPlayer,
> I would think that this is a rare use case, and watching something
> full
> screen is much more common.

Right, that's why there's the doubleclick as you pointed out later in
your mail.

> Besides, movies open in 100% anyway
> (something ShowImage doesn't do any longer), and the MediaPlayer
> window
> is always as large as its contents (not so with ShowImage either).

It's not after you have resized it manually (-> black bars).

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette
        http://haiku-gazette.blogspot.com