[haiku-development] Re: Problem with Trac access

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:48:28 -0400

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Rob Judd <judd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. home/config/boot and the sample files in this directory are all missing
> from the build. (easy)

heh,  A day or two ago I just submitted a patch for this.  It has
since been committed to svn.   Though, the shutdown sample scripts
were not included, do to them not being mentioned in
/boot/beos/system/boot
Hopefully, someone can comment on whether or not Haiku would support them.

> 2. The Terminal won't print a tilde character. Typing 'cd ~' still works,
> you just can't see the tilde. (easy)

For the US-International keymap, this is a known issue :
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2241
Basically, (if my understanding is accurate) it is a dead key and
requires to be pressed twice.

--mmadia