[haiku-development] Re: Pitt CS capstone - help with Haiku OS?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 22:44:39 +0100

Am 01/12/2016 um 22:41 schrieb kallisti5:

We have a list of specific project ideas on our 2016 GSOC ideas pages:

https://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc/2016/ideas

These projects should be well sized for college students working on
a Capstone project.

Some are probably too big, though, as GSoC is about 4 times as long (ie. 40hours per week, for 3 months). It all depends on the students, though, and their prior expertise.

It would also be a possibility to work on a single idea as a team, some ideas would certainly scale well.

I'm not sure how many teams or individuals would be interested, but I assume we could handle about 4-8 teams without too much hassle. If there are more, quality might degrade a bit, depending on how many of our developers have time :-)

Bye,
   Axel.