[haiku-development] Need info on TimeSource()->IsRunning()

  • From: Andrew Hudson <hudsonco1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:24:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

I'm working in an old BeOS app and I suspect there is a bug in
TimeSource()->IsRunning() causing a problem.

According to BeOS docs:
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/bug/Be%20Book/The%20Media%20Kit/TimeSource.html

TimeSource is initialized when the corresponding BMediaNode is initialized. In
the code, a call to TimeSource()->IsRunning() returns true when the MediaNode
is initialized before anything else happens. This seems unexpected.

What exactly determines the value of IsRunning? Maybe BMediaNode::Start and
BMediaNode::Stop??

Thanks for any info or pointers,
Andrew