[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:42:15 +0100

Hi John!

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:25:28 -0500 John Scipione wrote:
> The best
> compromise I can see out of all this is the idea of making ctrl+LMB
> emulate a RMB so that actions the currently utilize the RMB would now
> have a backup that uses the LMB. Everyone who likes RMB could
> continue, everyone who doesn't (me) would have a backup that uses the
> LMB.

+1.

> Now, that doesn't work with ctrl+alt since obviously you'd
> already be holding down ctrl. I wonder how crazy an idea changing
> ctrl+alt to opt would be...

OPT would be perfect if it weren't used by 3rd party apps (ATM I only
know of WonderBrush, which uses all kinds of modifier keys when e.g.
creating a polygon). OPT would fit nicely with S&T. Would be nice if
changing workspaces would also use OPT, but OPT+cursor would then
collide with switching S&T'ed windows...
If we only were Microsoft, then we could dictate another new key to
keyboard makers.

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette