[haiku-development] Missing a writable apps directory.

  • From: Jim Saxton <black.belt.jimmy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:02:59 -0700

OK, I am attempting to re-package my apps to work with package
management. Some apps really don't need an .hpkg file. Why would I
need that for an app and one small bash script.?

anyway, I want to do it "right" and clean. I want the same archive to
install on r1a1 and a package managed nightly. the problem is: there
is no

 B_USER_NON-PACKAGED_APPS_DIRECTORY

There is no standard place to place non-packaged apps.

Yes the app will run from any directory, but I include an installer
and un-installer script. I cannot make a link in the DeskBar
applications menu for the user not un-install the program cleanly
without a standard apps folder.

I could make the installer create /boot/apps if it doesn't exist, but
this would not be the proper solution.

the proper solution is to have ~/config/non-packaged/apps and have
B_USER_NON-PACKAGED_APPS_DIRECTORY point to it.

What should I do?