[haiku-development] Re: Introduction

  • From: David Brotz <drbrotz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 18:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

From the looks of it a few of the the filesystems are written in C for BeOS and
were copied over to Haiku. I was also wondering if there are any simple tasks
that needed to be done related to any of the file systems.

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:10 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David Brotz wrote:

> Hello, I'm David Brotz. I'm currently a junior at Depaul University and am
> planning on getting a computer science degree. For my proposal I want to work
> on adding write capabilities to several file systems. I also noticed that a
> few of the file system implementations are written in C and I was thinking of
> rewrite them into C++.

I did a bit of work on exfat read-support recently and got it working in
several new scenarios but there is more work that could be done there and write
support hasn't even been started. If you're interested in exfat though it could
be a pretty cool project. But, exfat is C++ already so I guess that's not what
you were thinking of converting.