[haiku-development] Re: Installing Haiku after PM..

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 01:11:39 +0200

On 10/04/2013 06:06 AM, Fredrik Modéen wrote:
[1] https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/10054

No the system folder only contains a folder called packages. No
folder add-ons, no apps, no file called Deskbar, Tracker,haiku_loader
etc

Did you follow the link?

The apps, tracker etc are loaded at boot from the packages. Hpkg is
really a virtual filesystem.

No not then but now :). But I'm using RAW hrev46154 on a USBstick and
that are a post PM image? And that one have no problem to boot with but
the image I install to have.

The image on the stick are not looking the same as the one I
installed.There are no bin files to run at all, the only files that
exist are in a hpkg file.

That's exactly how the data on the stick will look as well, when you don't boot from it. I assume the only problem is that the partition where you have installed Haiku has not been made bootable. I thought Installer always does that automatically, but I might be mistaken.

CU, Ingo