[haiku-development] Re: Including the decorators in the default build

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 21:53:57 +0200

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 09:07:35PM +0200, Axel Dörfler wrote:

The main issue is, besides BeDecorator, they don't have Stack&Tile
support. Since we have an API for that and it is part of the Haiku
UI features, all decorators should support it.

I think it would be okay, if documented, if not all decorators support it --
S&T is a rarely used feature ATM (personally, I don't even use it at all, as
I haven't found out how to use it productively :-)).

I was thinking of the API, for example they are used as the only way to
tab webpages in NetSurf, and there could be more apps working that way.
But if they can't rely on the decorators supporting it, this is not
going to happen.

For manual use, it's ok if the decorators don't support stacking, but if
we decide that not all decorators need to support it, I don't see the
point in exposing an API for it, and this makes the feature much less
interesting.

--
Adrien.