[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku-commits] r29724 - haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/bfs

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:04:33 -0300

Stephan Assmus wrote:
http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/BMimeType.html#BMimeType_GetAttrInfo

Ahm. I don't get it. What am I supposed to see at this page? :-)

I guess the link is unrelated. No idea why François posted it. :) But I think what he is referring to is attributes that would have lots of duplicates (like BEOS:TYPE).

we could have a
attr:indexable B_BOOL_TYPE true if the attribute should be indexed by default.

Like I said... why are there attributes on filetypes in general, and a user may not want to search for it?

To display it in Tracker? I have a string attribute for images called "Dimensions" which is basically the picture resolution (like "640x480"). I don't index it but I do display it in Tracker on my pictures folder. Other in the same category could include "Audio:bitrate", "MAIL:cc" and so on.

-Bruno