[haiku-development] Re: Haiku SMP Status

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:47:06 -0600

> It is hit if you're BIOS sets up ACPI tables. But on a single CPU
> system you shouldn't really notice anything. Even if the code failed,
> it normally just resorts back to 1 CPU. But if it hangs for you or
> something like that since the changes, I'd obviously like to know ;-)

OK, will check in a few moments ; how can I determine if it used the
ACPI detection code? Will it be written to syslog?

> I think it does not consider it at all right now. But there's supposed
> to be a completely new scheduler implemented. I guess this one will
> include affinity? Does anyone know of news on that one BTW?

Ah right, the SoC project...I completely forgot about that. Last I
checked it was still in a testing branch pending some bugfixes before
being merged, but Andre or Axel would be best qualified to answer
that.

Rene