[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Chat

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:01:21 +1300

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:04:01 +1300, Maxim Sokhatsky <maxim.sokhatsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings, Axel and François!

Nowadays I have no time to kernel hacking and doing porting stuff :)
However I have a thing to cotribute to community.

I propose you to include in Haiku distribution Haiku Chat.
Haiku Chat is tiny (300KB) XMPP Client that supports Multi-user chat
and other things.
It is not a big thing like Caya, because all things in Haiku are small.
You can read more about this client at http://synrc.com/sync/client/haiku
The GUI is based on Jabber4Beos and well polished.
XMPP library is my own rewritten from scratch.
All code is under MIT licence so it is well fit for Haiku.

Hey very cool!, any plans to support the jingle extension? Also some buddy icons would be nice...

If positive decision will be made all code will be updated to Haiku
coding rules asap.
Thanks for attention and Happy Releasing A3 :)

While I'm perfectly fine with jabber I think it should be quite easy to support protocol add-ons in the gui like Caya does...

Regards,
        Clemens