[haiku-development] Re: GSoC Project - Continue the CUPS port

  • From: Cian Duffy <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:41:52 +0100

On 6 April 2010 12:34, PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:52:20 +0200, Ithamar R. Adema <
> ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
>
> Printing over the network is something i'd actually use a lot. So we need
> some kind of compatibility with network printers. But I don't think that
> needs cups on the client, does it ?

There are already transport add-ons for a number of network printing
systems, I've used the IPP add-on that's in the tree under BeOS in the past
with a D-Link print server. I've no idea if they work under Haiku but I
can't see why not.

I'd presume all protocols could be implemented as transport add-ons and not
require CUPS at all.

Cian