[haiku-development] Re: [GSOC] xhci or USB3.0 support initial patch

  • From: Jian Chiang <j.jian.chiang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 23:31:15 +0800

Hi Axel,

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:10:03 +0200
"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jian Chiang <j.jian.chiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can haiku boot from NFS? It will helps a lot especially when
> > doing kernel development.
>
> No, but it can boot from network nevertheless with the
> remote_disk_server that is also in the repository.
> http://www.haiku-os.org/guides/booting/over_local_network - hopefully
> still up to date :-)
> Note that you'll have to run your own DHCP server to make this work as
> it boots via PXE.

Thanks for this site link. Now I come across another problem, I can't
setup another DHCP server because there's already one. How to resolve this
problem?

PS: I really like the powerpc solution which can hardcode the IP address
"boot enet:TFTP_SERVER_IP,boot_loader_openfirmware,MY_IP_ADDRESS"

"Jérôme Duval" wrote:
>I committed the patch with style fixes in r41142.

Thank you!

"Michael Lotz" wrote:
>If your project is picked for GSoC I'd like
>to try and be available for questions that might arise, but I'm really
>quite constrained time wise. In any case, good work so far and keep it up!

Thanks very much. Any help from USB stack author is really appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jian