[haiku-development] GSOC valgrind port

  • From: Adrian Panasiuk <adek336@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:02:09 +0100

Assuming I decided to apply:

Would a port of the valgrind tools (in particular memcheck and perhaps
helgrind) be useful to Haiku? They greatly help improving userland
apps.

The valgrind tools run the analyzed program on an emulated CPU, which
means that a significant portion of the code is platform-specific. Do
you reckon this is feasible to do in three months' time? Or perhaps 3
months is more than enough?

Also, the valgrind website informs that they reluctantly accept ports
to their main tree.

I also spared a thought for the suggested idea of improving the
Haiku-Netsurf application. I would be able to implement stuff, but
unfortunately I don't seem to be able to design anything other than
copying features from other browsers ;-)

Regards,
Adrian Panasiuk.

--
Czy ty orzeł, czy ty kawka? -wkrótce zdłabi kaszel, czkawka.
Śmierć szyję zaszyje.