[haiku-development] Re: GSOC project suggestion

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:37:29 -0400

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Good point. That's an argument for not supporting a procfs.

I think it is safe to say that a majority of the Haiku developers and
mentors for the Summer of Code do not like the idea of adding a procfs
to Haiku.

So I recommend that Yu Ziyu find another project of interest to submit
an application for. There should be plenty of ideas related to
filesystems if that is an area you would like to work.

We do appreciate when students come up with an idea outside of our
ideas lists. That is always recommended! In this case it just ended up
being something not really applicable to Haiku.

Regards,
Ryan