[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: Re: Question : Haiku + Transmission

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 22:27:07 +0000

> Me or he?   Need i remind you of my lacking c/c++ skills.
> ( yes, i know i could learn c/c++, but currently i'm able to keep
> myself productive enough without it )
> If you're referring to BentMyWookie, there's a better chance of M$
> giving up it's monopoly than him contributing to Haiku.  Namely,
> because no matter how many times I tell him that my MiniUPnP -hack- is
> temporary and is only used to allow the porting effort to continue, he
> insists in using it as part of his reasoning to ignore Haiku.
>

> --mmadia

In cases like this, this is where we can make use of the haikuports
svn to hold local haiku specific patches until they are no longer
needed.  This will be the case for Python < 3.x as they have also
refused to accept patches that only fix python on haiku.  Which is
fine, it gives us more time to build an army before we try to take
over the world ;)
There may be ways to get patches into these projects, but it's got to
be done in a way so as not to make their code dirtier than it was when
we got it, if it ends up being cleaner code, then many times you'll
find they do accept it.
-scottmc