[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: [HaikuPorts-devs] cmd:flex and cmd:bison

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 02:57:07 +1300

> There may not be anything wrong with it.  I just got lost going down the
> rabbit hole and gave up.  I started by adding cmd:flex to coreutils, and
> then after adding it to several other dependencies libs I ran into an error
> that was different than the rest saying:
> "Getting runtime_loader:/ boot/system/lib/libfl.so.2.0.0: Could not resolve
> sybol 'yylex'
> resolve symbol "yylex" returned: -2147478780"
> And James pointed at zlib...  but it may be another red herring?

yylex is the default name of the lexer function that is generated by
flex, it seems very strange that it is trying to link to it
dynamically.  Perhaps it is actually missing and the linker is not
complaining about it being unresolved assuming dynamic linking will
take care of it?

Check that libfl didn't have any other errors during building and that
the flex file did actually get processed and a c file generated for
the lexer.