[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: [HaikuPorts-devs] cmd:flex and cmd:bison

  • From: Cian Duffy <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 01:27:08 +0000

On 23 December 2014 at 20:04, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There may not be anything wrong with it.  I just got lost going down the
> rabbit hole and gave up.  I started by adding cmd:flex to coreutils, and
> then after adding it to several other dependencies libs I ran into an error
> that was different than the rest saying:
> "Getting runtime_loader:/ boot/system/lib/libfl.so.2.0.0: Could not
> resolve sybol 'yylex'
> resolve symbol "yylex" returned: -2147478780"
> And James pointed at zlib...  but it may be another red herring?
>
> -scott

I've been poking at this (although waddlesplash on IRC mentioned there
being a ticket with some info in it, I can't find one, so this may be
duplicated work)

What's happening on my system at least is that binutils is building with a
flex dependency - Haikuporter actually warns you of a requirement for libfl
in ar and ranlib which isn't covered in the recipe.  Once this broken
binutils is built, any further build that requires ar or ranlib will use
the broken one from the packages folder.

Adding libfl to the requirements stops the Haikuporter error about libfl -
but not the issue.

I may be going even further down the wrong path but at least with the
broken binutils removed, --no-dependencies builds will build again; and if
you drop the system package in everything is working as normal (for now). I
haven't had to add flex/bison to any recipes.

Cian