[haiku-development] Re: Filtered PoseViews

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:40:04 -0400

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To help explain what I meant, here is a mockup :
>
> http://improvisationgaspe.ca/images/mockup_ghost.png

I like it, though maybe that is a bit too faded. I almost didn't see
the bottom 4 items in this MacBook at the angle I had the screen.

> You will notice I've changed the ghosting effect I was describing
> because while trying to do it, I figured it wasn't looking nearly as
> good as I thought it would.

Fading the icon like in the above mockup should be considerably easier
anyhow. You can just add some methods to IconUtils for that, which
render an icon and then apply an alpha value. Then caching those in
Tracker (or wherever icons are cached) should help any performance
issues.

--
Regards,
Ryan