[haiku-development] Re: Filtered PoseViews

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:48:36 +0200

On 13.08.2012 21:05, Philippe Saint-Pierre wrote:
In several tickets, I can see that there are concerns (is the word too
strong?) about the usability of filtered views, mostly in situations
where you don't find a pose that you expected to see and forgot your
current view was being filtered.

A solution proposed was to display a different background color in
such views.  Another solution I'm proposing (maybe I should actually
do a mockup..  I'll try my best to describe it clearly) is to 'ghost'
the pose that are filtered.  The ghosting effect would mostly be
outlining the icon, and making it completely transparent otherwise.
As for the widgets they would be almost totally blended with the
background color.

I can imagine that this would work fine in icon mode, but...

For the placement, the still 'opaque' icons would be listed first, a
bit like folders can be listed first in PoseViews.

... in list view mode I think this would be rather strange. Seeing it in action would certainly help, though. Another suggestion would be to add a much more visible overlay of the filter text, and/or add some kind of border around the pose view.

Bye,
   Axel.