[haiku-development] Re: Couple of questions about PM

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 00:30:08 +0200

2013/10/8  <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 10:21:43PM +0200, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:

>> > I have downloaded again this file from Haiku (webpositive) and result
>> > in a clean zip file. If that website is compromise, we should alert
>> > the webmaster :-)
>>
>> Ok, i have seen the issue. To download the "good" file, you have to
>> uncheck "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads". If
>> this option is checked, you will download a fake file. Unchecking that
>> option. you will download, instead, the right zip file.
>>
> Another reason to keep using *Net*Positive when you can...! (:-))
> I just went to the page using that, and I don't even *see* that
> checkbox!  Just a "Download" button that gets me a vanilla zip fie.

In fact on Haiku, using WebPositive and Qupzilla, i don't see that
checkbox. I only see that checkbox using Chrome and Firefox on Windows
7.
Another reason to keep using, improving and develop Haiku ;-)

I guess that this website shows the "bad checkbox" depending to the user agent.

Best regards,
--
Giovanni.