[haiku-development] Re: Add Icons To Image

  • From: Simon Kennedy <sffjunkie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:18:20 +0000

Ingo

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
On 2008-03-12 at 14:18:04 [+0100], Simon Kennedy <sffjunkie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for that. It worked, but only without the 'BSG=artwork-icon'
line.

Weird. I hadn't tested it before, but did now and it works unchanged here. In fact it shouldn't work without that line with an alternate "generated" directory. If you haven't copy'n'pasted the snippet, I'd suspect a typo in the SEARCH line.

If I have the BSG line then jam spits out lines like...

"don't know how to make <artwork-icon>Folder_generic"

and it stops with

"skipped haiku.image for lack of <HaikuImage>haiku.image-copy-files"

What is that line supposed to do?

For each file in $(iconFiles) the "B" selects a file's base name, "S" its suffix; in other words only the file name remains, the directory part is chopped off. The "G=..." adds grist (a jam concept) to the name, which is supposed to make the target name unique in the build system to avoid potential clashes with other targets. With the directory part removed, jam wouldn't find the files anymore, if it weren't for the SEARCH line, which tells jam where to look for them.

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards
Simon

___________________________________________________________ Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html