[haiku-development] Re: Add Icons To Image

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:34:44 +0100

On 2008-03-12 at 14:18:04 [+0100], Simon Kennedy <sffjunkie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Thanks for that. It worked, but only without the 'BSG=artwork-icon'
> line.

Weird. I hadn't tested it before, but did now and it works unchanged here. In
fact it shouldn't work without that line with an alternate "generated"
directory. If you haven't copy'n'pasted the snippet, I'd suspect a typo in
the SEARCH line.

> What is that line supposed to do?

For each file in $(iconFiles) the "B" selects a file's base name, "S" its
suffix; in other words only the file name remains, the directory part is
chopped off. The "G=..." adds grist (a jam concept) to the name, which is
supposed to make the target name unique in the build system to avoid
potential clashes with other targets. With the directory part removed, jam
wouldn't find the files anymore, if it weren't for the SEARCH line, which
tells jam where to look for them.

CU, Ingo