[haiku-development] Re: About Screen pref

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:06:09 +0200 (CEST)

> Fredrik Modéen wrote (2007-07-13, 10:44:00 [+0200]):
>> I have my own suggestion aswell :)
>> one screen one workspace. Screen 1 shows worspace 1 and screen 2 shows
>> workspace 2. don't know if this will add anything other than it would be
>> cool.
>
> Fredrik, this subject was already discussed a few times, and the
> conclusion
> was that a workspace is a "screen configuration". Meaning one workspace
> controls all attached monitors. A workspace is one configuration of those
> monitors, plus it holds associated windows. Please think about it, or dig
> up old mail archives if you feel like that, but this setup is really the
> closest to the original idea of what a workspace is in BeOS.
I can't drop this.. not that I don't agree, more how it would work :)

So one workspace has control of the attached screens.
workspace 2 has that to and there for can have another type of duel
screens or perhaps only one active.. right?

So the best place to storage information about screen combination would be
the workspace?

Reason that I'm asking are that I have just reading about BScreen and the
app that configures Nvidia cards uses BScreen flags to do that..

But BScreen are only one screen and not only that in the future it can be
a TV? But we/ I will concentrate on duel screen thing, who / where can
such thing like duel screen settings be stored?

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen