[haiku-development] Re: AHCI driver ready for testing

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 22:52:43 +0200

On 2007-10-01 at 19:59:05 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2007-10-01 at 17:18:05 [+0200], Ingo Weinhold
> > <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > wrote:
> > > Since the commit list still seems to be out of order, I haven't
> > > seen Axel's
> > > recent commits, but I guess one of them is to blame. I'll have a
> > > look.
> > I played a while with Haiku under VMWare and booted it a few times,
> > but I
> > can't seem to reproduce the problem. I also looked through the recent
> > changes
> > and nothing looks like it could be the cause.
> >
> > If you can reproduce the problem, a stack trace of the thread holding
> > the
> > semaphore might give some more insight.
>
> See:
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1512

Oh great, the ticket list is gone, too. :-/

> It might just be a GCC 4 specific problem, though...

Given past experience that's pretty much the last thing I'd expect. IIRC,
we had only exactly one problem with gcc 4 and that was due to borderline
use of C labels. Besides, I'm mainly using gcc 4 for a while and couldn't
reproduce it. I tend to agree with Marcus that this is likely an SMP
problem.

CU, Ingo