[haiku-development] Re: ACPI development

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 23:20:18 +0100

Hello,

Ithamar R. Adema wrote:
Regarding my problems with the device manager,
could you elaborate on the B_FIND_CHILD_ON_DEMAND and B_FIND_MULTIPLE_CHILDREN
? I don't quite get what they are supposed to do....
I now seem to have figured out _why_ removing the ON_DEMAND flag from the nodes published by acpi will fix the trouble I saw. To be precise, the problem is in device_node::Probe(). If ON_DEMAND is not set for a node, it will not only call _Probe() on the node itself, but also its children. When ON_DEMAND is set, it only calls _Probe() on itself.

Does anyone know if this is on purpose? For now, I'll switch off ON_DEMAND for the ACPI nodes, but I'd like to understand why this difference is here...

Ithamar.