[haiku-development] Re: ACPI battery driver

  • From: Francesco Piccinno <stack.box@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:12:32 +0200

First of all sorry for coding guideline, I've configured my vim to use
4 space instead tabs and I completely forget about it.
Regarding the license Stephan has right I've forget to mention the
original author.

I dunno if this code is useful so doesn't matter you could simple ignore it :P

BTW this code works without using the embedded controller of Clemens.

2009/6/20 Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:

> On 2009-06-20 at 17:47:41 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Francesco Piccinno <stack.box@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I've created this simple battery driver for the acpi subsystem by
>> > looking to the linux source code. Seems working on my computer :)
>>
>> Thanks for you work! For future contributions, you should have a closer
>> look to our coding style guides, though.
>> Also, it looks like we have two of them now: Clemens (who also just
>> checked in the code that makes your driver work by enabling the embedded
>> controller), also wrote one, and mentioned he would commit it soon. So I
>> guess it's best to have him look at your work to see if there are any
>> notable differences.
>
> I am also wondering about the license. The patch mentions you ported it
> from Linux. So does that mean it's GPL? It wouldn't be a problem, but you
> definitely need to mention the original copyright then.
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Best regards,
Francesco Piccinno