[haiku-development] Re: ACPI and IRQ descriptors

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:37:42 +0200

2010/6/27 Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Am 28.06.2010, 05:03 Uhr, schrieb Fredrik Holmqvist
> <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Just a quick note that if anyone has the skill and knowledge to setup
>> io-apic I've added a patch for the ACPI part on
>> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5#comment:26
>
> I just looked into it at the weekend. After removing this part, are you able
> to read the irq descriptors from the source entry? On my machine it always
> fail. There is no check for this in the code at the moment see *).

I'm not sure, I havn't really looked at that part closely. It might
have failed without me noticing.
Does it fail for all handles or just some?

>> Commiting it will probably make most builds non-bootable, it tries to
>> use io-apic since the ACPI-part don't fail anymore.
>
> Isn't io-apic disabled at the moment via the kernel settings?

No, there is no such kernel setting. There is a safe-mode setting, but
it's not disabled afaict.
I was thinking of adding one so I could commit, but I wanted to get
more eyes on the code.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH