[haiku-development] A solution for all your debugging woes!

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 10:12:33 -0500

No clue why I never thought of this.

So when you have an issue at boot, there is no guarantee
that syslog will be written to disk. (99.99% of the time it isn't)

This means you have to pull out the ol' serial cable to get kernel logs.

I'm about to test a new boot option. "Enable synchronous syslog"

Pretty much just calls fsync on the syslog filesystem after
every syslog event.

Slow? Hell yes. However by forcing a filesystem flush after every
event we might actually have some valid log data without needing
the ol' serial cable.

-- Alex