[haiku-development] Re: A genearl introduction to Haiku vm

  • From: Travis Geiselbrecht <geist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:15:55 -0700

On Apr 11, 2008, at 7:53 AM, Axel Dörfler wrote:

Hi Zhao,

"Zhao Shuai" <upczhsh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I was investigating the Haiku vm code these days and found it a
little hard to understand
without directions. It's a pity that Haiku still doesn't have its vm
tutorial. So I intend to write
something and hope it can help the kernel newbies to get a quick
start.

Page Cache

Areas are also just views (with a certain offset and size) of such
vm_cache.

Also doesn't show how vm_caches can chain together to handle shadow regions and such. A long time ago I put together a similar diagram for the newos vm, so most of it should still apply:

http://newos.org/txt/vm.txt

Travis