[haiku-development] Re: 32bit-wchar_t compilers are now available - optional packages need to be updated

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 06:58:42 +0000

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Oliver Tappe<zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2009-07-06 at 19:13:47 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Any takers for the others?  Or wchar32-gcc4 versions of them where needed?

I'll take care of the BezillaBrowsers (GCC2 and GCC4) with mmadia's
help along the way.  I'm actually typing from a GCC4 build right now,
and wchar support gets turned on now by configure.

I can also get the p7zip GCC4 build done, seeing as I did it already.
:)  I want to do a rebuild of my recent GCC4 stuff though since I kind
of forgot I was working with a GCC snapshot at the time instead of
4.3.3.

> But before that, I'd really like to merge the 32bit-wchar stuff back into the
> trunk,
> as I personally find that it's working good enough.
>
> So if anyone has experienced serious problems with the 32bit-wchar_t branch,
> please
> speak up!

I've been using the wchar_t branch since you pretty much started it,
and it has  worked fine.  I noticed some weirdness in BezillaBrowser
with plugins not working, but I never did verify if that was somehow
related.  I know plugins install just fine with the new build I did
though.

So yes, my vote is merging it back in with trunk could probably happen
at any time.

- joe