[haiku-development] Re: 32bit-wchar_t compilers are now available - optional packages need to be updated

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 22:37:18 +0200

Hi there,

On 2009-07-06 at 19:13:47 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looking over the OptionalPackages I suspect not all will need to be rebuilt,
> but these probably do need to be rebuilt:
> cvs
> libxml
> libxslt (not yet an optional package, but perhaps could be, it's included in
> the haiku tree IIRC)
> m4
> nano
> neon
> openssh
> openssl
> p7zip
> pcre
> perl
> python
> rsync
> sed (
> http://www.haiku-ports.de/packages/sys-apps/sed/sed-4.2.1-gcc2-haiku-2009-07-05.zip
> )
> sqlite
> svn
> tar
> texinfo
> vim
> yasm
>
> Of these, I'll try to get new wchar32-gcc2 builds of these up by the end of
> this week:
> cvs, libxml, libxslt, nano, p7zip, python, sqlite, subversion and yasm.
>
> Any takers for the others?  Or wchar32-gcc4 versions of them where needed?

I'd like to have a go at rsync and pcre.
After that, I'd like to deal with m4, openssh, openssl, perl and all the other
stuff
that Ingo has ported, such that he can keep working on the debugger :-)

But before that, I'd really like to merge the 32bit-wchar stuff back into the
trunk,
as I personally find that it's working good enough.

So if anyone has experienced serious problems with the 32bit-wchar_t branch,
please
speak up!

cheers,
        Oliver