[haiku-development] Re: 32bit-wchar_t branch has been merged into trunk - full rebuild necessary

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:55:24 +0000

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Ingo Weinhold<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:16:23 +0200
>> Von: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
>>
>> Furthermore the kernel doesn't link (gcc4), missing what looks like
>> libsupc++ symbols. Looking into it...
>
> Apparently libsupc++.a is utterly stripped of symbol information:

I was kind of curious about this as I play around with various GCC
builds.  What would you prefer the stripping level to be for bins/libs
for GCC/binutils?  Surely we want to strip them down somewhat.  I was
tending to use --strip-debug locally, but was wondering what the
preferred/optimal level would be.

Thanks.

- joe