[haiku-development] Re: 18pt font GUI test

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:35:10 +0200

Hi Jonas,

> Would it be a bad idea to deprecate/ignore the separate color and font
> size settings for menus, and let Fonts and Appearances have the final
> word on these things?
>
> If the menu font is to be kept separate, it may be good to also include
> it in the Fonts preflet, even though it's not entirely logical to group
> it with the system fonts. But it's also not logical, from a user point
> of view, to change the system font size and not have the menus scale.

Hopefully this won't start a large discussion, but the record, I too think
that Fonts should be moved into Appearance. The font settings then in
Appearance should have one more option for the menu font. The command key
setting should possibly go into the Keymap preflet, because that's more
likely the place you go looking for it first. I don't know about how much
the rest of the menu settings are needed by users. I can't comment really,
I don't use them.

Best regards,
-Stephan