[openbeos-cdt] Re: Organization

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:46:05 +0100

2009/11/11 Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> -- Eddy Groen, on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:31:05 +0100:
> > Which brings me to my main problem right now: the CDT list has come
> > to life
> > again, but nothing has changed compared to 2.5 years ago. No
> > structural
> > organization or defined boundaries; just discussions running wild and
> > unavoidable causing clashes.
>
> How could this miraculously change on its own? It's still the same
> mailing list technology...

Actually I should have made myself a bit more clear there. The "change" I'm
opting for is not limited to the CDT list alone. I think we definitely
should keep it (rename is fine by me, but on the main list some people have
said that it would require renaming all the other OBOS lists as well).

I'm rather looking for a complete CDT overhaul (team name may be altered
too), being more of a "team" with identified members, that take in problem
descriptions the way you [Humdinger] describe, but that will be discussed
over other, more direct form of communications like Skype or Waves or...

We still have only mailing list. Yes, even I sometimes think "Hello, is
anyone reading me?" but that's just part of the mailing list weakness.
That's why I proposed a different (not uniquely mailing list based) approach
altogether.

Eddy