[haiku-appserver] Re: enabling input_server with app_server

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:15:29 +0200

Selon Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Korli <korli@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >To be honest, I've no idea what this change is about. It just looks
> > >strange to me :)
> > As I can't test Haiku app_server on Haiku, testing input_server with
> > app_server wasn't possible. It now is, including launching
> > input_server,
> > and cursor separate communication.
>
> Ah, on R5, right?
> But how does the input_server gets to its input, then?

Yeah on R5. There is a ViewInputDevice in
src/tests/server/input/view_input_device which acts like the one from
InputRecorder sample app. It gets messages from the ViewHWInterface in
app_server, through a port.

About BPrivateScreen, is there any reason why it's not yet implemented ? Just to
know.
(Stefano, BTW I find pretty weird to ask for B_ALL_WORKSPACES in
BPrivateScreen::Frame(), shouldn't be B_CURRENT_WORKSPACE ? )

> > Hope to be clearer :) BTW if someone who run app_server on Haiku
> > could
> > test this on Haiku, it would be nice.
>
> AFAICT it doesn't work under Haiku anymore, but that might just be me -
> I could also have messed up something myself :)

I could say the same, as i didn't test on Haiku :)
Bye,
Jérôme