[haiku-appserver] Re: Some Bugs

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 01:05:11 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2005-07-06 at 16:21:54 [+0200], Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> [...]
> > * The text in the shutdown window (a BTextView) is no longer drawn.
> > This is
> > a recently introduced bug (in the last 48 hours or so). Before I
> > updated
> > the tree today it did work properly.
> Seems to work again. Though I still have the effect that sometimes
> something
> is not drawn (due to a missing update event I suppose). E.g. the icon
> of the
> currently quitting application. Fascinatingly it sometimes works.

Welcome in app_server land :-)

> > * Also introduced recently: The tab of the window is no longer
> > drawn
> > correctly. Its right side has a hole, probably where the zoom
> > button should
> > be. But the window is B_NOT_ZOOMABLE.
> Ah, stupid me. The cause is probably another one. The title of the
> window is
> set to a new one -- a feature which lacked an implementation before.
> Since
> the new title is longer, the part that is not drawn correctly is
> perhaps
> exactly the extended part.

Exactly, just move the window around and the title will be correctly
updated :-)
Great, isn't it? :-))

BTW it didn't manage to shutdown Haiku even once this way - it always
says "shutting down other apps" or so. When I had a look with the team
monitor, only the debug_server and the syslog_daemon looked
dispensable. Killing either of them did not help the shutdown process
(it hang after I killed the debug_server, but I chose syslog first :-
)).
OTOH, I would count the debug_server to the ones that shouldn't die.
The syslog_daemon is a standard application, and should listen to a
B_QUIT_REQUESTED.

Bye,
   Axel.