[haiku-appserver] Re: Haiku app_server as second head?7

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:00:55 +0200

Andre Braga wrote:
> Still, it might be my Posixy background, and complete lack of BeOS
> programming experience, but I kind of take local domain (AF_UNIX
> style) sockets for granted on any Posix-compliant OS. Doesn't BeOS
> have those?

Answers are "yes" and "not yet", in this order.

I guess that why "BeOS is not Unix" is true and will be valid for Haiku too.
It's hard being fully POSIX-compliant if you're not a Unix system.

Anyway, agreed, AF_LOCAL / AF_UNIX should be supported under Haiku.
I'll add this task to the networking kit team right now.

- Philippe