[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: g++ linking / project issue

  • From: Andrew Hudson <hudsonco1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:41:52 -0500 (EST)

You might try running 'objdump -T' on both TCueChannel.o and your Media.so,
and look for that (mangled) symbol to see if it's different somehow.  It
does sound a bit like a name-mangling issue.  (I assume you're using gcc4
throughout?)

I don't see an actual reference to your own Media.so in your abbreviated
link command (just '-lmedia').  But if that was missing I guess you'd get
a lot more unreferenced symbols...

        -- Pete --

I used nm on TMIDICue.o and Media.so and I could not identify the mangled
symbol for the initializer, but I'm not sure what to look for. Tomorrow
I'll create a toy sample and extrapolate from that. Regarding Media.so. I put
all the .so libs in a folder and put that folder in the
<local lib path>.   I do have the same problem of unresolved initializer
operator symbols in other files.

Thanks,
Andrew