[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: g++ linking / project issue

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:00:26 -0800

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 02:30:15PM -0500, Alexander G. M. Smith wrote:
> Andrew Hudson wrote on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:07:00 -0500 (EST):
> > The TMIDICue new operator has the correct parameter list in TMIDICue.h.
> > There is only one reference to the TMIDICue new operator, when I comment it
> > out, the link error goes away.
>
> Are you sure it is the same set of arguments?  Perhaps one is const and the
> declaration calls for non-const or vice versa?

You might try running 'objdump -T' on both TCueChannel.o and your Media.so,
and look for that (mangled) symbol to see if it's different somehow.  It
does sound a bit like a name-mangling issue.  (I assume you're using gcc4
throughout?)

I don't see an actual reference to your own Media.so in your abbreviated
link command (just '-lmedia').  But if that was missing I guess you'd get
a lot more unreferenced symbols...

        -- Pete --