[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Fetching data from queries

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:21:07 +0100

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2009-11-05 at 03:46:59 [+0100], Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > far more than the 4 entries in your folder. The other problem is
> > > that
> > > last_modified is not relative, it's a timestamp, which is to say
> > > you
> > > probably want something like "(%now% - last_modified) < 10000000"
> > > as
> > On second thought, you might want to rework that as "last_modified
> > >
> > (%now% - 10000000)"..I'm not sure how intelligent BFS is at
> > optimizing
> > queries, and in case it doesn't do any such thing this form should
> > be
> > friendlier for the indices.
> I don't think that would work either. The expression could be
> "last_modified > %-10 secs%", though.

That one should work indeed. Also, as Rene pointed out, this will give
you all files that were changed in the last 10 seconds, not just the
ones in your directory. Depending on how many files are in there, it
might be a simpler solution to just look there, or monitor the changes
via node monitoring.

Bye,
   Axel.