[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Fetching data from queries

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 20:39:34 -0600

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Yashasvi A.C. <yashasviac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I place a predicate with just last_modified > 0, then, a series of "Hi
> Yash" is printed (as seen in the screenshot). My understand is that if there
> are only 4 message files in the folder, shouldn't "Hi Yash" be printed only
> 4 times? Or does query.GetNextEntry(...) do something else? I would like to
> note that there are 2 other folders within the /boot/home folder.

This part at least is not surprising: the query looks at the entire
volume which is to say the whole disk. last_modified > 0 will pretty
much return any file on the entire disk that was ever changed, hence
far more than the 4 entries in your folder. The other problem is that
last_modified is not relative, it's a timestamp, which is to say you
probably want something like "(%now% - last_modified) < 10000000" as
your predicate. Either way this won't restrict the entries to only
your folder though, so you will want to check the path of each
returned entry and further filter from there.

Hope that helps,

Rene