[hackpgh-party] Re: Raffle details?

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-party@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:52:25 -0500

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 09:07, gwen <gwenix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  It's just more fun when people are there to get them, so I vote for
> present to win!

I agree, and lacking any alternative opinions, I say go for it!

Should we do the raffle at 10pm, which is OK to stick around until, or
> 11pm to give more time to collect raffle money?  The other note is
> that often the raffle is the signal to end the party, so I don't know
> if we want to hail the ending at which time too.

Well, if we're going to do present-to-win, then 11pm might be pushing it.
10pm sounds good, though signaling is an issue... Maybe do the raffle
drawings at staggered times?

-D